Schmidt Logo

610-874-8436
24 Hour Emergency Service

History

William A. Schmidt and Sons is a family owned business that was started in 1948.

1948 - The company began by focusing primarily on metal roofing, but over the years evolved into a leading metal fabricator in the northeastern United States. The company steadily grew over the next 60 years, serving the power, refinery and chemical markets.

2002 - Schmidt expanded by acquiring the McCarter line of chocolate manufacturing equipment.

2008 - Schmidt was sold to Byrne Chiarlone, LP, who oversee the operations of the business today. Don Byrne and Mike Chiarlone bring multiple years of organizational leadership skills to Schmidt focusing on manufacturing safety, operation quality and efficiency, and customer satisfaction.

In 2010, Byrne Chiarlone, LP acquired Engineered Resin Solutions (www.resinteam.com), offering high quality protective coating systems for the power, pharmaceutical, refinery and chemical markets. The Schmidt/ERS “One Stop Shop” philosophy of fabrication/coating protection is now the market leader amongst refinery/chemical producers.

Schmidt continues to operate with a core focus on producing high quality products and solutions for customers within the schedule required.

For more information on ERS:

Engineered Resin Solutions